NBP01: No Name Brand Podcast with Sashka Hanna-Rappl
– nationality: South African
– residence: Austria and London (UK)
– languages: English, German, Afrikaans
– humour: in tact and funnier live
– married to one husband
– slave to one cat
– mother to three cherubs: 12, 10, 8 (all empaths – God help me)
– love working with kids – especially teenagers
– I think aristotle re-incarnated himself in me – I philosophise waaaay too much for my young age
HOW’D I GET TO WHERE I AM NOW?
– Got hooked on advertising after being chosen to play the lead role in the Ugly Duckling at age 7 years old. I was the Ugly Duckling (in case you missed that). I had to advertise myself, the show, the cast, create the flyers and realised I was friggin’ good at it. So I took my good looks, creativity and amazing talents and merged them… at age 7 I didn’t know what marketing or advertising was. Only that being in the entertainment business you had to market yourself to be noticed and loved. I was my own manager and there was no social media available (how the hell did I do it?!?!?)
– I don’t have a ‘story’, I don’t have any PTSD or breakdowns or lost something or someone or had any dis-ease (Disclaimer: and admire those that do have a story like this and coming out better for it). So I hid in the shadows thinking I wasn’t interesting enough – although I really knew I was (complicated).
– But I do have a story: I was the mediator between a gambler and worry-pot and lots and lots of money-fights-problems. I grew up despising money for its superficial lustre and wanting to work with those that had dreams and desires (I call them UnderGODS) but felt they weren’t good enough to become leaders in what they do because they didn’t have money (Disclaimer: This is prevalent in teenagers aka whom I love working with). Because I wasn’t very fond of the socialites and always hanging around the rejects-rebels-free-spirits-misfits and visionaries… this is where I found my ‘happy space’. And where I learned to challenge the status quo aka challenge the rich.
– Then i got over my desire to belittle rich folk and found my zone of genius: through my creativity and wisdom, I inspire the underGOD in those that are destined to become legendary leaders…. and I brand their souls (it’s not painful – promise).
– Oh! I didn’t mention how I got to where I am now: Lived and studied in South Africa (marketing advertising drama dance performance) – moved to London UK to study performance further – the doors closed on that but opened for marketing and advertising. My boyfriend at the time suggested we go to the Tyrolean Alps in Austria for a snowboarding holiday. Which is where I met my husband (oops). Now 21 years later and a lot of ups and downs later. I rule the roost in Austria.
TELLING IT STRAIGHT LIKE IT IS: WHAT DO I DO?
I’m a Branding | Marketing | Advertising & Sales Strategist – Author – Speaker and Thought Leader.
I created Soul Brand Marketing© in my full-service agency BrandSashka e.U.
I create and market Soul Brands. But not everyone’s a Nike or Red Bull status and yet they still have a message. I want to know that message and share it with the world to hear.
In-between the No Name Brand interviews, I meet up with inspiring Influencers who’ve surpassed the beginner ‘Brand-stages’ and are now ‘influencing’… and I want to challenge that status quo and share with the listeners how that purpose came to flourish and why and how you maintain that influencer status.
PS. Soul Brand Marketing© = Purpose over Profit (book is in editing stages)…
FAVOURITE QUOTES TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
“Thoughts become things”
“Only the impossible is possible” – Alice in Wonderland
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
- VOF133: SOCIAL SKILLS FÜR EIN ERFOLGREICHE MARKE – RITCHIE PETTAUER - June 11, 2020
- How To Breakthrough The White Noise As A Visionary! - March 31, 2020
- How To Think Out Of The Box - March 18, 2020