NBP96: Make More Money as a Nurse Without Taking on More Shifts with Catie Harris
Introducing Catie Harris – PhD, MBA, RN and founder of NursePreneur Mentor, where Catie empowers nurses to leverage their knowledge and expertise to create a profitable and meaningful business.
Catie has a passion to amplify the voice of nursing through entrepreneurialism and teaches nurses how to monetize their knowledge into a business model. Catie’s business is Concierge Nurse Service, where instead of losing nurses to burn out, they can find rewarding work and inspiration in building their own businesses; with patients benefitting from this.
Catie has implemented everything she has learned over the years and now uses this exclusively to help nurses transform their nursing knowledge into creative, meaningful and profitable businesses; even if they have no business skills or advanced degrees.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- (03:37) You are an expert in your field
- (05:02) As a nurse you can only make so much money with the time that you work
- (07:40) Giving expert advice to patients after surgery
- (09:49) When you transition from nursing into a NursePreneurship
- (09:49) Implementing lifestyle changes as a nurse to patients
- (11:40) Separating your job from your business
- (12:30) How to find clients; the right ones
- (17:48) About the Rules & Regulations
- (21:00) When you get to a ‘roadblock’, get your mindset right again
- (25:00) Taking the NursePreneur Internationally with live events
HEAR MORE ABOUT CATIE HARRIS:
Hi, I’m Catie NursePreneur & Single Mom. I have been a nurse for over 20 years and have done it all…from working in the hospital wards to teaching in academics and even working in Corporate America. Despite my many degrees in nursing and business and all my experience, none of my various jobs gave me what I really wanted – a flexibility so I could spend time with my son, control over my life and the opportunity to make more money. I wasn’t looking for much at first, just enough to bridge the gap so I didn’t have to work extra shifts, or a 3rd job. I knew the only way to have flexibility, control and opportunity together would be a start to my own business. I’ve spent the last decade building nursing businesses for myself and for friends and colleagues (coaching, consulting, courses, contracting, clinics) before creating the NursePreneur Business Adacemy – a one of a kind business mastery program uniquely for nurses. I now create value and work from home.
FAVOURITE QUOTES TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
‘Just keep swimming’
‘It all comes together one step at a time’
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
CONNECT WITH CATIE
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
Latest posts by Sashka Hanna-Rappl (see all)
- VOF130: No One Owes You Anything with Janell Jones - January 8, 2020
- VOF129: Create the Life you Desire with Fenny Nadorp - December 18, 2019
- NBP128: #ThinkNatalia, to #BeThatBrand with Natalia Wiechowski - November 3, 2019