NBP94: Helping Us Hack Math with Heather Linchenko
Introducing Heather Linchenko. Heather teaches an online course to parents and educators on a new way to teach multiplication and division facts to children–those who are just starting out in math as young as 5-6 years old up to any age child who is struggling with math. Heather has a partner and they call themselves “The Gals at MathHacked”. Heather has new ideas, along with lots of experimenting and some mind-blowing success through home schooling, private tutoring, and a private school teaching 1st to 3rd graders.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- (04:17) Math is hard but just buck up and do it
- (06:34) How to switch your mindset for kids – example
- (08:34) Children feel more competent
- (13:48) Teachers can easily adopt this method too
- (18:00) Setting up the foundation in teaching math
- (22:00) Homework becomes easy
- (26:19) Teaching math today is the same as 100 years ago
- (29:30) Rich and rewarding relationships with your children
HEAR MORE ABOUT HEATHER LINCHENKO:
Heather, the eighth of ten children, was raised on a farm in Idaho. Her favorite compliments are that of having an “inordinate capacity for work,” a “genuine heart” and “a mind that must be a wonderful place to visit.” Her favorite things to do in her spare time are to sing harmonies with her (five) kids. Her claim to fame was, as Stephen R. Covey’s assistant of many years, typing up, brainstorming with him, and editing his book, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Heather married a man born and raised in Russia and discovered from seeing his education how woefully inadequate hers was. Whilst living in Kazakhstan she found the English-speaking schools to be out-of-this world expensive, of necessity she started homeschooling to her 5 children. Through the leeway that homeschooling offered her, and some tectonic shifts in her thinking due to such unique circumstances, she has picked up some unique philosophies about education and parenting.
FAVOURITE QUOTE TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
“From my head to your heart” – This is what we call The Millennial Paradigm
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
CONNECT WITH HEATHER
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
- Is there a difference between Social Media Marketing and Management? - March 6, 2021
- #01: LIVING IN THE UNKNOWN WITH SASHKA REGINA - October 19, 2020
- 133: SOCIAL SKILLS FÜR EIN ERFOLGREICHE MARKE – RITCHIE PETTAUER - June 11, 2020