NBP02: Getting Noticed as a Writer with Jason Donald
Today we talk to Jason Donald about growing up travelling the world, his childhood dream of being a garbage man and the evolution of a writer.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- Travelling the world and learning to adapt to a new culture, food and surroundings.
- The journey to becoming a writer.
- How you never stop evolving as a writer.
- How to push the status quo in writing.
- The definition of a writer.
- Standing out from the crowd as a writer.
- The role of a writer in society.
JASON DONALD SAID:
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Travelling is all about adapting” @jasondona1d ft on @brandbysashka #podcast ” quote=”“Travelling is all about adapting” @jasondona1d ft on @brandbysashka #podcast “]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“Playing the role as a writer” @jasondona1d ft on @brandbysashka #podcast ” quote=”“Playing the role as a writer” @jasondona1d ft on @brandbysashka #podcast “]
[clickToTweet tweet=”“There is a big space to be and become as a writer” @jasondona1d ft on @brandbysashka #podcast ” quote=”“There is a big space to be and become as a writer” @jasondona1d ft on @brandbysashka #podcast “]
HEAR MORE ABOUT JASON DONALD:
Jason Donald was born in Scotland and grew up in South Africa. He studied English Literature and Philosophy at St. Andrews University and is a graduate of the Glasgow University Creative Writing MA. His debut novel, Choke Chain, published by Jonathan Cape, was shortlisted for the Authors’ Club Best First Novel Award and the Saltire First Book Award.
His second novel, Dalila, was published by Jonathan Cape/Vintage in January 2017.
He has also published short stories in various literary journals, including The Astronaut for BBC Radio 4 and Puerta Galera for the Edinburgh International Book Festival.
Donald has just written and co-directed his first short film, Passion Gap.
He lives with his wife in Switzerland.
FAVOURITE QUOTE TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
“The world is a hellish place and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering” – Tom Waits
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
Signs Preceding the End of the World – by the Mexican novelist Yuri Herrera, translated by Lisa Dillman
CONNECT WITH JASON DONALD
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
- This is the difference between you and your successful competitor - May 12, 2021
- Is there a difference between Social Media Marketing and Management? - March 6, 2021
- #01: LIVING IN THE UNKNOWN WITH SASHKA REGINA - October 19, 2020