122: Freelance Writer – Steve Attridge
Introducing Steve Attridge. A freelance Writer, professional writer now for 20 years. He writes poetry, stage plays, TV and Film Scripts. Steve writes “poetry helps you to think visually and to use words economically, both helpful for Film and TV. If a screenplay doesn’t get commissioned it may want another life as a novel, or vica-versa”.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- (6:25) What inspired Steve
- (8:42) Creating a new world for yourself – even if it is with puppets
- (13:05) The initial idea to start writing
- (17:08) A criteria that is partly practical – when starting to write
- (21:01) If a Play or Direction were to be about you (Steve), what ‘taste’ would you want to leave people with?
- (23:31) What the common denominator was the ‘golden thread’ all around the world when you (Steve) taught others?
HEAR MORE ABOUT STEVE ATTRIDGE
Steve Attridge was a rock and roll roadie once, then went to a monastic community, university, lecturing, but always writing. Had over 100 TV and film scripts produced, we books published, 9 stage plays, radio and poetry. Won lots of awards. I do a lot of Life Writing masterclasses and motivational talks for people. Taught Creative Writing for years at various Universities, for different organizations and in different countries. Also a lot of professional script doctoring.
FAVOURITE QUOTE TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
Be brave, be suspicious, be industrious.
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
CONNECT WITH STEVE
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
- How to fix something that isn’t broken? - July 29, 2021
- How to adapt your business model for profitable success - June 29, 2021
- This is the difference between you and your successful competitor - May 12, 2021