NBP119: Creative Services with Kapil Kachru
Introducing Kapil Kachru – An independent copywriter and creative director based in Boston. Kapil says: “my job is to wrestle with marketing/advertising/design briefs and translate them into compelling concepts, campaigns, and communications that get under the radar and inspire people to think, feel and act”. Kapil does the DIY spirit of things and has that ‘just do it’ attitude. His main inspiration comes from life. As far as creative influences, it is music, comics, fiction, film, poetry and photography before he got into design.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- (6:55) Opportunities are there if you are creative
- (12:00) Learning how similar we all are, but also different
- (14:00) Guiding our lives through morals
- (18:51) Learn who and what you gravitate to
- (20:00) Hang out with people that are like-minded
- (23:22) Being true to oneself when selling something
- (25:20) The thing about fear – it’s a constructive thing until it takes over
HEAR MORE ABOUT KAPIL KACHRU
Born in India and grew up in India, Kenya and Germany. I started out as a structural engineer in Dubai. Spent the last 20+ years in the US writing poetry, fiction, film scripts and marketing/branding/advertising copy. I realized pretty early that it wasn’t for me. While working on the Burj Al Arab Hotel, the second tallest hotel in the world, I came across a storyboard for a Nike spot they wanted to shoot Agassi and Sampras playing tennis on the helipad. And to shoot it all from a helicopter circling the helipad. I didn’t realize until that moment that you could get paid to come up with crazy stuff like that. I was hooked. That led me to coming to Boston to study marketing and advertising. For the past 20+ years I’ve worked as a copywriter/creative director with artists, advertising agencies, branding films, film production/post production companies, and clients directly in Amsterdam, Auckland, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Munich, New York and Portland.
FAVOURITE QUOTE TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
“An idea cannot be owned it belongs to anybody who understands it.” -Sol LeWitt
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
CONNECT WITH KAPIL
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
Latest posts by Sashka Regina (see all)
- VOF132: Living the Life on Purpose with Jairek Robbins - January 29, 2020
- VOF131:How to Reset your Mindset with Erin Pheil - January 22, 2020
- VOF130: No One Owes You Anything with Janell Jones - January 8, 2020