NBP72: Creating a Healthy Balance in Business and Life with Shelly Yorgesen
In today’s episode we talk about getting energized and motivated. Shelly Yorgesen discovered that every online business needs an online component. After leading LIVE Executive Networking Events for nearly a decade, it drove Shelly a little crazy that there is always very few women in the room. She set out to create an easier way for women, who are generally busy raising a family, running a business and all that life entails as a women, to connect with each other. Shelly spent a year learning how to make this dream a reality, and in December 2017, she opened The Veranda, an International Virtual Networking Experience for Women in Business. Her favorite successes are when women from one continent connect to women from another continent, solve problems, grow business and create not only business opportunities but also build lifelong friendships.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- (03:54) There is no reason to be bound to where you live to online marketing
- (05:47) The dangers of being online
- (09:05) Master minding for your business
- (11:11) How to attract a customer
- (18:14) Change ‘who you know’ to move forward
- (22:01) As Entrepreneurs, we learn TOO much
- (25:39) Helping each other as women growing our businesses
- (29:01) Solving one problem a month
HEAR MORE ABOUT SHELLY YORGESEN:
After nearly a decade of leading CEO’s, Executives and Business owners in LIVE network Events, most members being men, Shelly decided to create an easy way for Women in Business to connect. She has taken her expertise online and created The Veranda. An International, Virtual Networking Experience for Women in Business. This is Shelly’s 3rd company and she is currently an executive at GIVENT Executive Network. She is also the proud mother of 5, and 3 adorable granddaughters. She runs, rides her horse, and loves holding her sweethearts hand as often as she can. She’s been married to her High School sweetheart for nearly 30 years, and more than anything she loves snuggling right up to that guy after a long hard day.
FAVOURITE QUOTE TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
If you want something you have never done before, you need to do something you have never done before.
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
CONNECT WITH SHELLY
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
Latest posts by Sashka Hanna-Rappl (see all)
- NBP128: #ThinkNatalia, to #BeThatBrand with Natalia Wiechowski - November 3, 2019
- NBP127: “Leadsology: The Science of Being in Demand” – Tom Poland - October 27, 2019
- NBP126: Sexual Education with TYRAN MOWBRAY - October 20, 2019