NBP71: Confidence & Assertiveness with Sherry Ann Dixon
Introducing Sherry Ann Dixon – Inspiration and Confidence Building is her hobby. She enjoys motivating people to get started – to do anything they want to do, just as long as they are willing to take the first step. People who want to make a difference and never say “I can’t”, who refuse to sit on the fence, inspire her. Sherry travels the world promoting her many motivational seminars. Health and beauty is a passion for her and she focusses on the particular needs of the skin, and general well-being of women – in particular women of colour.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS PODCAST EPISODE:
- (09:09) When you’re carrying baggage
- (11:20) When speaking in front of children
- (16:10) Climbing that ladder to success and what it took to get there
- (19:42) Your mindset
- (25:38) When you have to make the right decision or choices
- (32:25) Don’t be greedy but staying humble
- (34:08) Remember to remind those about your quest for greatness
- (35:35) Having a vision board
HEAR MORE ABOUT SHERRY ANN DIXON:
At the age of 6 I would be speaking on the steps of my grandmother’s house in Georgetown Guyana. I was always debating and encouraging my cousins to try new things. A Journalist, Transformational Lecturer and Keynote speaker. As a renowned journalist Sherry edited two magazines – Pride Magazine and SHE Caribbean. She has written for publications such as The Guardian, Sunday Observer, The Times, The Voice and has done numerous television and radio shows for Lorraine Kelly (LK Today) and BBC Worldwide helping to dispel the myths surrounding the health and beauty for women of colour. She has now become a sought after inspirational, transformational speaker and mentor, sharing her life skills and vast knowledge to empower individuals in the UK and worldwide. Sherry is currently the CEO and Founder of a motivational website for women called Women on the Crossroads.
FAVOURITE QUOTE TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD
Don’t accept crumbs when the loaf is for taking.
ONE BOOK YOU SHOULD READ
CONNECT WITH SHERRY ANN
Sherry is offering a 20% discount between September and October 2018 for anyone who wants mentoring. Contact Sherry on [email protected]
CONNECT WITH SASHKA
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Apply to be featured on the No Name Brand Podcast here.
- #01: LIVING IN THE UNKNOWN WITH SASHKA REGINA - October 19, 2020
- 133: SOCIAL SKILLS FÜR EIN ERFOLGREICHE MARKE – RITCHIE PETTAUER - June 11, 2020
- How To Breakthrough The White Noise As A Visionary! - March 31, 2020